Friday, August 1, 2008

July fades to August...

Wow! I suppose we are moving toward Autumn as the local high school bands and footballers are on the move as the calender flips to August tomorrow….Ah the “summer wind” as Sinatra sang….the most wonderful time of the year in so many ways! Although the foliage still has the “summer green look” to it it won’t be long until the leaves turn that dark green color just prior to turning into a blaze of beauty. I have a few trees here at Sumner Place that always seem to turn first and begin to cascade to the ground in a furry carpet. Fall is wonderful with its orange, red, and a multitude of browns and tans, and it certainly has its own beauty. One of the nice things about living in the mountains is the pronounced four seasons we enjoy. I’ll begin to be on the lookout for those few trees to give me the siren call of autumn coming, but for now I’ll linger a bit over the next days and weeks to savor the wonder of summer!

No comments: